Trend Vector Aviation International, Inc. welcomes international students! Enrolling in our flight training programs make you eligible for an M-1 Student Visa. We are authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to enroll international students in our flight training courses through the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SVEP). We will help guide you through the process of obtaining your visa to assure that you can begin training with us legally and hassle free.
The international student enrollment process:
What you need as an international student to begin flight training in the United States:
- Transportation Security Agency (TSA) Clearance
- I-20 Information
- M-1 Student Visa
- I-901 Sevis Form
- Financial Statement (bank statement) proving ability to pay for training
- Part 141 Air Agency Certificate for our school
Follow these instructions to begin your enrollment process.
1. Select one of our flight training programs.
2. Submit Form I-20 information
The Form I-20 information is required for you to obtain your M-1 Student Visa. After you fill out the necessary information, the I-20 is issued to you by Trend Vector Aviation International, Inc.
Upon completion of your I-20, we will send you your acceptance letter and completed I-20 document.
More information on the I-20.
3. Pay the I-901 Sevis Fee After you have a complete I-20 form, you must pay the Sevis I-901 fee. The fee is $200 and can be paid online at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/. You will need the fee payment receipt during your M-1 Student Visa interview. Click here for more information on the I-901
4. Apply for your M-1 Student Visa Now that you have your completed I-20 document and acceptance letter, you are ready to apply for your M-1 Student Visa. Call your nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. consulate to schedule an appointment for your visa approval interview. You will go to the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate with your completed I-20 document, Passport, Financial Statements, and I-901 Fee Receipt. They will interview you on why you want to start flight training and make sure you will return to your home country once the training is completed. Once everything is in order, an M-1 Student Visa will be issued to you. The processing time for the visa varies from country to country.
5. Transportation Security Agency (TSA) Clearance A security clearance from the Transportation Security Agency is required for foreign nationals to begin flight training in the United States. You can complete this step in your home country or upon your arrival on Guam for a fee.
- TSA Clearance in Guam
- Our office will assist you for a fee of $50 in addition to the $130 TSA fee.
- TSA Clearance before your arrival to Guam
Go to the TSA link: www.flightschoolcandidates.gov. After creating a student account and completing the form, an email will be sent to you requesting fingerprints and you will be given access to a website that will list all fingerprinting agencies.
The TSA Clearance process:
- 1. Go to www.flightschoolcandidates.gov
- 2. Click LOGIN then go to New Student Account.
- 3. Fill out the necessary information (If you need assistance, please email us)
- 4. Pay directly to the TSA the $130 processing fee.
- 5. You will also need to upload a clear color copy of your passport and your visa.
Frequently asked questions when filling out the necessary information on the TSA Website
- Last name and first name are required
- Training Request Course Name: Initial
- Aircraft Type is the particular aircraft you will be training in (example: Cessna 172, Piper Arrow PA-28RT201)
- The category is 3 (this means the aircraft is less than 12,500lbs)
6. Make the necessary travel and housing arrangements. You may independently reserve a hotel and rental car, or you can stay at our student dorm. We offer a free, round trip pick up service once a day from the student dorm or your hotel. Please click here for information on the student dorm.
7. You are almost ready to begin your training! Email us your flight itinerary after receiving you M-1 Student Visa. One of our staff will meet you at the airport when you arrive.
Feel free to call or email us if you have any questions or are confused about this process. We look forward to flying with you soon!